Monday 28 September 2020

FHC resto nr. 109; Front bumper

I picked up the freshly (powder) coated front bumper bar just before the weekend, together with some other parts for the ’76 car and my two other TR7’s. As ever the quality of the work done by Habraken in Best was spot on.



And today I spent a few hours in the shed. So after about 30 minutes of careful work (I didn't want to break another cover!), the covers were fitted to the bumper bar.




The anoraks already will have counted 6 cover retaining plates (ZKC2251) instead of the official number of 4, as stated in the parts manual. But as you can see, there are also no studs in the corner cover. And no sign there ever were! So I used an extra retainer plate to keep this cover in position.
I could have fitted the bumper to the car, as I did with the rear bumper. But that would probably restrict access while fitting the head lights and wiring. So that will be left for another time. 

No comments: