Tuesday 1 September 2020

FHC resto nr. 101; New strut brace

Today, on the first day of my (late) summer holiday, I received a long awaited parcel from Australia. Due to the current Covid-19 pandemic it took almost 7 weeks for it to arrive from Australia.


But it was worth the long wait, as the parcel contained two remanufactured strut braces for a TR7 (Whiteline KSB616) as supplied by Tony Zorzo. I already have two of these strut braces fitted to my current TR7’s, and they certainly improve the cars feel and handling! So when I saw them advertised on the TR7 Forum in mid-July, I immediately ordered two. One for my current restoration project, and one for fellow TR7 owner Renco.


And I am glad to mention their quality is very nice indeed. Especially the black anodising on the brace bar looks very good. Only “downside” is that the mounting rings are coated grey as per the originals, which won’t do for my ’76 TR7.



So these will be coated black before fitting them to that car! At least the timing of their arrival was spot on! Due to my holiday I will be able to drop the mounting rings of for shot blasting and powder coating soon. Together with the by now ageing strut brace from ‘t Kreng which I already had removed from that car. 
15 Years on the car clearly have left their mark!


And a few other parts will be added to the batch, including the FHC front bumper which I recently acquired. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi are these still available

Beans said...

Hi Unknown,

Tony Zorzo in Australia has them for sale.
You can contact him on tr7trading@gmail.com