Tuesday 22 September 2020

FHC resto nr. 106; Boot trim


I left you on this topic almost two weeks ago, hoping everything would be ready within a week or two. Well my local car interior trimmer again didn’t disappoint here! As one of the pictures in my previous post (and above) clearly shows! The picture below gives a good impression of the complete trim panel in situ.


As can be seen the dimensional drawing I produced was spot on. As was its transfer to the final product. The same applies for the floor matt that I got back. This was made using an original one as template:


And today I picked up the other boot trim panels and the B-post panels. For all these parts, original panels were used as template. Well pleased with the quality of the work (and that also includes the price I was charged!). To be continued!





3 comments:

djohn said...

Hello Bean, your blog has/is immensely helpful while I have been restoring my TR7 soft top. May I ask, have you used the existing interior bulk head insulation pads or did you buy new ones? If you did buy new can you advise me where you purchased them from.
Thanks for a great blog.

djohn said...

Hello Bean, the pictures in your blog has been a massive help to me as I restore my TR& soft top. May I ask if you have used the original interior bulk head insulation pads or did you buy new ones. If you did buy new can you tell me where you purchased them from. Thanks again for a great blog.

Beans said...

The sound deadening pads are from 3M, which I got locally through a friend's business. So I can't help you there. More info in this post in my blog
https://tr7beans.blogspot.com/2015/11/fhc-resto-nr-43-sound-proofing.html