Saturday 30 September 2023

FHC resto nr. 153; Starting on the interior

Over the past few days I have made a start on the next stage of this car’s restoration. Shortly before I set off for a well-deserved holiday, I collected a new all black headlining from a local interior upholsterer. Time to prepare the car. Starting with the front trim rail.


I had hoped that I could fit it with some screws. But sadly the holes were too big, so I had to change that plan and revert to the original mounting method; pop rivets. With that piece in position I could start on probably one of the most difficult jobs on the car; fitting the head lining. Though I had a helping hand from a friend, it took us a fair few hours, and lots of paper clamps, to get it in position. Especially positioning and centring of the head lining turned out to be crucial, and as such took quite some time to get done correctly. But well pleased with the end result. For the anoraks; the visible creases will be covered by the various trim panels!



And with that job out of the way I could move on to the rest of the interior. Starting with the sills and both A-posts.



And to end a few productive days, I trial fitted the refurbished trim panel for the rear bulkhead. B-post trims and door rubbers next …



No comments: