Monday 21 December 2020

Calendar Girls 2021

The cover:
Showing my current cars

As it's almost time to say goodbye to 2020, it is also time to compile my traditional calendar for next year. Sadly, due to the Covid-19 pandemic, I was hardly able to use both my road legal TR7’s for what they are intended for: Driving! And all planned trips and tours had to be cancelled. So not much kilometres were added to my TR7’s odometers in 2020. In total I covered only 1360 kilometres in my TR7’s, of which 434 kilometres were covered with ‘t Kreng and 926 kilometres with the DHC. So from a driving point of view, 2020 is also a year that should be forgotten as quickly as possible! At least with regards to my Triumphs. Contrary to the TR7’s, my Little Landy saw a fair amount of extra kilometres due to the Covid-crises. Having a “crucial job”, not being permitted into the office, and with various projects in progress, added a few extra kilometres to the LaRo’s odometer!






But these pictures didn’t make it to the calendar for 2021. And the few trips with the TR7’s didn’t supply enough pictures for my 2021 calendar either. Luckily I was able to spend some quality time on my current restoration project, the ’76 car. Resulting in a calendar which is a mix of a few touring pictures of the DHC and ‘t Kreng, supplemented with some pictures showing some of the work done on the ’76 car in 2020. Hopefully 2020 will be a better driving year!

January:
The interior of the ’76 car slowly taking shape

February:
The finished back end of the ’76 car,
leaving no doubt what engine will be fitted

March:
One of the very few tours of the year (and Covid-19 proof)
Near the Bergerweg in Vlodrop (NL)

April:
Earlier in the year I managed to lay my hands
on a factory fresh Sprint engine for the ’76 car

May:
Fitting the striping to the ’76 car

June:
Returning from the DHC’s biennial MOT

July:
The ’76 car’s exterior slowly taking shape

August:
Third and final tour with ‘t Kreng,
Dubbroek Maasbree (NL)

September:
One of the very few tours of the year (and Covid-19 proof),
Bergerweg in Vlodrop (NL)

October:
The engine bay of ‘t Kreng,
still looking fairly fresh 25 years after it was built

November:
Detail of ‘t Kreng’s upper strut mount and refurbished strut brace

December:
Third and final tour with ‘t Kreng, Dubbroek Maasbree (NL)

2 comments:

moestr7v8 said...

Excellent calender Theo, what a way to show off your magnificent work on your TR's.
Are you going to get them printe,? If so put my name down for one.
Cheers
Moe

Beans said...

Thx Moe!
The calendar is just a personal project for the study wall.
And done done through a local photo service.
So you'll have to see it as a one off. Sorry!