Wednesday 27 March 2019

Enjoying another drive!



With the heater of the ’76 FHC finally in place I have decided to step back from this project for a while. This is because time is scarce at the moment and I have a few jobs scheduled for the DHC that I want to finish within the next few months. These are in preparation for this year’s edition of Club Triumph’s 10 Countries Run which will be held in September. These jobs are:
  • Fitting the new brake cylinder and servo;
  • Fabricate a bracket to mount the new satnav;
  • Decide whether to fit a quick rack with PAS or not;
  • Check the rubber fuel lines at the tank, after the leak I found last year in the engine bay;
  • And a full inspection and service of the car of course!
But before I will start with these I found some time today to enjoy some more driving. I had hoped for some nice sunny weather so I could take the DHC but it wasn’t to be. So I took ‘t Kreng again. And with the cobwebs from the winter hibernation already blown away last week I could fully exploit the cars potential. It was good fun indeed!



And as soon as the jobs on the DHC are finished I hope to start on refurbishing the wiring looms and fit the remaining striping to the doors, and front and rear wings of the ’76 FHC. Though I might spent some time tinkering on ‘t Kreng too from time to time …

No comments: