Monday 10 April 2023

Easter Tour 2023


I managed to clock up well over 350 kilometres on 't Kreng's odometer over the Easter weekend. Most of these kilometres were covered during our traditional Paosjrit (or Easter Tour). I did have some mixed feeling when I set off towards the start though. It was the first drive in my (only road worthy) TR7 since the accident in Italy with the DHC last summer. So I had all sorts of visions of me crashing ‘t Kreng too 😶 I needn’t have worried. It turned out to be pretty good fun to be out in a TR7 again! So only one photoshoot at an abandoned Hotel near the small town of Valkenburg.


We stumbled upon this location by accident after taking a wrong turn. And opposite the ruined hotel was a nice pub, so we decided on a short break. As a result of which we didn’t see the other cars again!
There was only one tiny problem that I forgot to rectify on the Saturday though. Luckily it was one which turned out to be easy to repair: During bleeding the actuator piston for the brake failure switch had moved a little. And it hadn’t returned to its designated position. Resulting in a brake warning light constantly burning. The easy bodge would have been to disconnect the connector from the switch. But I opted for the proper solution. This meant removing the brake failure switch, determine the position of the piston’s cam (with a collection of small mirrors and lights), and move the piston a little so it was centred above the threaded hole for the switch. For which I used a very slim screw driver. As easy as it sounds and I even got it right at the first attempt.

No comments: