Wednesday 31 August 2022

Ready for the 10CR?


One very vital but also rather boring and time consuming part of next week’s 10 Countries Run was finished yesterday. Checking the satnav files, copying the road book to some maps and loading the various GPX files to my TomTom over the weekend. Hopefully we won’t be needing the atlas but I always find it somehow reassuring to have maps at hand in case all else fails and a road is closed for whatever reason!


And as mentioned in my previous post I found out the lock nut for the left hand steering rod end was slightly loose. And today being the first day of my vacation, I decided to take the car to a friend’s workshop, to have the front suspension’s alignment checked. Glad I did! The tracking indeed was out a bit. Not by a huge amount, but it could have been enough to cause problems over the distance that the car will be covering next week.
The final job for the first day of my vacation was cleaning the car’s interior and impregnate the leather of the seats with some hide food. Rather time consuming and a bit messy 😶



Remains the question how the brakes performed. To be continued!

No comments: