Thursday 23 May 2019

Car Swapping



At least that’s what I set out to do yesterday; take ‘t Kreng for a short drive and fill her up at a fuel station across the border in Germany. After that I’d drive her to the shed to transfer all tools etc. to the DHC, tuck ‘t Kreng away in the shed and take the DHC home with me. All in preparation for a short tour with some friends this Saturday. And to start the preparations for the oncoming 10 Countries Run in September.


So far for the plan! Soon after I set off I strayed onto some lovely and rather empty country lanes, and completely forgot about the plan. Four hours later I was back home with a smile on my face, but with the DHC still in the shed. At least I passed some off my favourite photo stops, so I can bore you with some pictures of the car at some spots in the area 😜

At the depot for the weir in the River Meuse near Baarlo:



Horn Castle and Parish church:



Tree lined lane near Hillenraedt Castle, Swalmen;

Lush farmland close to the German border in Swalmen;


Needless to say that ‘t Kreng will be the car off choice for Saturday’s tour. But after that she will be dropped off at the shed at last and I’ll have to find out how the DHC behaves after 6 months of idleness!



No comments: