Wednesday 11 February 2015

DHC Wheel Centre Update

Been  a while since I posted on the subject of 3D printing the wheel centres for the DHC's Wolfrace wheels. I ordered a set of 4 of these about a week before Christmas and the Initial delivery date was scheduled for week 3. So I was pleasantly surprised when a parcel from i.materialise was waiting for me when I returned home on Friday the 2nd of January. But after opening the parcel I could only conclude that the quality of the contents was slightly disappointing to say the least. I had ordered polished black centres and this is what I received ...


As you can see they were not very polished and not very black. Sanded charcoal was a far better description. Especially the outside was very rough. And as you can see the pictured wheel centre also had a very pronounced fault repair in it. Quiet clear on the inside what went wrong ...


Clearly something slipped through their quality control. But also apparent that the inside was much smoother in comparison with the outside. Time for an email to ask for an explanation. And they quickly agreed that these items shouldn't have been shipped. The inside looked to be up to their normal production standard, but the colour wasn't. And the fault of course. So they suggested to produce a new set. I could only agree there.

And just when I was thinking of dropping them an e-mail to inquire about the new set, I again was greeted by a parcel on my doorstep. This time the contents were as they should be. And together with some new logo's they look pretty much as I intended them ...


One last test remaining, fitting them to the wheels ...


2 comments:

Mark said...

Sweet. If you would please PM me your specks or contact to company you used. msenter1@woh.rr.com

Beans said...

Hi Mark,
The good news: the link to the company I used is in the blog post above.
The bad news: I lost the Autocad files due to a computer crash last year.
But it is a fairly straight forward design using an original TR7 wheel trim logo.
There should be companies that have there own design software.