Sunday 31 July 2022

FHC resto nr. 142; Engine harness


With my road going TR7’s more or less sorted, I managed to spent another few hours on the my restoration project. It won’t come as a surprise that
I continued where I left off; with the engine harness (RKC5511). After my previous post on this subject I had laid out the harness on a large table in the spare room. And every time I had a bit of free time I would perform one or two small tasks on it, like cleaning some wires or replace some of the single spade connectors. So when I started this afternoon most of the work had been done already. Only remaining jobs were cleaning the connector pins of the two main connectors and clean the plastic connector blocks;




Fit a new connector for the gear box harness. The first picture also showing one of the single spade connectors I fitted where necessary;



The connector block for the alternator. Luckily the connectors inside were still in good condition, needing only a good polish;


And the final job for the day, wrapping the harness with new (non-adhesive) wrapping tape. A before and after picturee:




No comments: