Saturday 1 January 2022

FHC resto nr. 136; Brake pipes part 4

I left you here last year, with these two pipes to go. Part numbers RKC1038 (or RKC1005) and RKC1033 to be precise. And as expected, due to their length and form, they turned out to be rather challenging (read time consuming) to bend properly. I started with the latter, the pipe running from the pressure reduction valve to the back axle.
As expected it took me a good few hours to get this one finished. It looks quite good alongside the original one. On the original pipe I encountered a few what looked like non original bends, probably caused when pulling the pipe from the car or while in storage. Luckily I had a second template for cross reference. But I expect some fine tuning will be necessary when it will be fitted to the car.

RKC1033

The final pipe was also the longest of them all, running from the pressure reduction valve to the RH front calliper. As with all the longer pipes I didn’t work from one end to the other, but worked from both sides. Starting at one end and working to a spot that leaves the most adjustability in case the pipes are too long or too short. And then work from the other end towards that same spot. And glad I did. As you can see in the picture below, the straight part running across the nose of the car is longer as on the original pipe. But it looks like there is enough room available for the necessary adjustments. Time will tell.

RKC1038


Next and final  job on the brake pipes will be collecting all grommets and clips and fit everything to the car.

No comments: