Saturday 7 August 2021

New car covers


After 8 years of faithful service under the carport my outdoor car cover needed replacing. Years in the Sun and various attacks by night time feline visitors, had clearly taken their toll! And this was the main reason why I didn’t have the DHC at home in the past two year or so.





As this cover has done a very good job of protecting the cars from the Sun and dust, I opted for a direct replacement. I purchased the old one from Britain, only to find out that the company that supplies them (First Class Additions) has its headquarters here in the Netherlands. Needless to say that this time I ordered the new Moltex outdoor cover directly from them (Saloon type B).


Clearly this cover needs to settle a bit. Though its fit is better than it looks in the picture above 😜 
And as I think the cars will be in the shed together more often in the next few years, I also ordered one of their Supertex indoor covers. In blue of course.


Next on the to do list is getting the DHC home, so I can have a go at sorting a niggling brake problem.

No comments: