Friday 27 November 2020

A drive at last!


Managed to start the weekend a few hours earlier today. And as the weather was very nice I decided to take ‘t Kreng for a spin. Last time I used her was when I drove her to her biennial inspection on the first of July! So it was no surprise she was a bit reluctant to start. The cold weather certainly didn’t help here. But on the fourth attempt the engine fired, and even settled into a fairly steady idle. Time to enjoy the local country site and a few hours of driving.


Because of the cold weather and the fact that the holiday season is well past (not mentioning Covid-19), it was rather quiet on most roads. Which meant I could drive the car in anger from time to time. I have to admit that due to the low mileage I have done with this car over the past year, I had almost forgotten how much fun she is to drive.


Yes, due to the pretty stiff suspension set up, she is harsh when pottering around on bad surfaced country lanes, but on full chat she still is absolutely lovely to drive. Well balanced and surefooted with brakes to match. But the best bit is that she can be steered with the throttle without getting massive oversteer.


Sadly I have only a few days left this season. On the first of December she’ll have to go into forced hibernation again till the first of March. Hopefully 2021 will be a better year from a driving point of view!

No comments: