Monday 16 March 2020

Tax exempt again!


I received a letter from the Internal Revenue Office last Friday (though the letter’s date might suggest something different!). And it contained the official statement that the 1980 DHC, my first car which is in my possession since the summer of 1988, will be tax exempt (again) this year.


Or as the letter states;
From the data from the vehicle registration register, I conclude that on the 6th of June 2020 it will be 40 years ago that the aforementioned motor vehicle was put into use for the first time. This means that from the 6th of June 2020 you will be eligible for a tax exemption for this motor vehicle”

As it is the second time I received such a letter for this car I am a bit sceptical. And that’s because 15 years ago cars over here would become tax exempt at the age of 25 years. Sadly a lot of skint people started importing clapped out 25 year old (mostly diesel) cars from Germany, to use them as cheap daily drivers. As a result of this, after a few years the age for tax exemption was raised to 40 years!


But let’s approach it from the positive side!. 2019 was the last year that I had to put the DHC away in the shed for her mandatory hibernation in the months of December, January and February 😊 And hopefully in 2022 I will receive a similar letter for ‘t Kreng …


No comments: