Saturday 29 February 2020

FHC resto nr. 87; Striping, one step backwards

In my previous post I wrote that there was no need to remove the striping from the bonnet. And there lies the problem when you’re a bit of a perfectionist 😏. Because since finding out that the bonnet striping wasn’t fitted perfectly it continued to haunt me. And after consulting a friend (who cut the striping for me) it was decided to remove the striping from the bonnet. And with a borrowed hair dryer (…) that went pretty easy.


Next stage was preparing some of the left overs, or should I say test pieces which I had stored for just this reason.


With a new set of bonnet stripes ready it was time to log in to my work account and open AutoCad to adapt the original cutting file for the front wing stripes. As there were no major errors in the overall dimension and shape, this only took a few minutes.


Sadly though said friend had run out of black foil! To be continued!

No comments: