Monday 11 November 2019

FHC resto nr. 82; Fitting the doors

This evening another important job was carried out; fitting the doors. As this is definitely a two man job I asked a friend to assist me here. Glad I did! But before the doors could be fitted, the threads of the studs on the hinges had to be cleaned. That was a rather straightforward but time consuming job.


With the threads cleaned of the excess paint I first took a sidestep; trial fitting one of the door handles. I think the combination of the bright orange, black striping and all black door handles looks very good!


Back to the main job of fitting the doors. We started with the passenger door. And it didn’t take very long before it was in place and correctly aligned. Sadly the driver’s door turned out to be slightly problematic. It didn’t fit correctly in its designated place. That is when I remembered this was the door from my DHC that was removed after the problems with the paint some years ago. And when the door from was fitted I forgot the B-post grill and the rain gutter finish. And that’s where the door frame touched. But after moving the grill and the rain gutter finish back as far as possible we had enough clearance with decent shut lines (for a Speke car) 😜 But overall an evening well spent!



No comments: