Saturday 5 December 2009

DHC report nr. 61; More sound proofing

Finished fitting the sound proofing pads in the interior today. “Only” bit left to do was the transmission tunnel. As it has a somewhat irregular shape, I presumed it would be rather time consuming cutting the pads in the proper shape. This time my presumption was correct. And it was made worse by the fact that I only had just enough pads left, to cover the tunnel. So it was a nice puzzle on how to cut them with the minimal loss of material. Luckily I still had a fair amount of paper sheets left to cut templates and trial fit them. All in all it took me the whole of the afternoon to get the pads in place, shame they’ll be hidden from view underneath the carpet;



And found some time to fit the front spoiler;


And to finish the day I cleaned up the threads from the welded-on nuts and fit the mounting bolts for the fuel tank;


Next job will be fitting the fuel tank, followed by the fuel and brake lines.

No comments: