Wednesday 11 April 2012

More machining

Together with the gearbox’s rear end casing, I also picked up a few bits and pieces for ‘t Kreng last Saturday. Some bits for the rear suspension ...



As mentioned in one of my earlier posts I will use four adapted rear upper links to locate the rear axle a bit firmer. I will first make a set of suspension links using the original four link mounting points on the car’s body. This will give me an opportunity to see how this works and if I will need a rear ARB or not. If so it’s time for the next challenge, a new location for the ARB.

But after having driven the car in earnest with the rear coil overs during the “Nacht van het Oosten”, I am not so sure if it is worth the effort to adapt the rear axle’s mounting points to 5-link (Panhard rod) or 6-link (Watts linkage) configuration. On the other hand it is an interesting challenge ... Luckily more than enough time to make up my mind.

Also had another set of spark plug tubes made in preparation for the new Sprint engine ...


And I can finish with some real progress on the DHC’s new paintjob, the car has been re-sprayed! Only a few minor blemishes need to be rectified after which the sills will get a new layer of satin black. So the car should be back home somewhere next week. Can’t wait to see the final result, as the paint that’s been used seems to have a more saturated colour and a deeper gloss.

No comments: