Luckily I do have a few original spare mirrors, so rectifying the damage didn’t take much longer than half an hour, with most of that time spent removing the small glass splinters from the interior. Have to admit that it was a rather unpleasant experience driving without a driver’s side door mirror.
List of things to do that’s left now;
- Fit new hi-torque starter motor;
- New front pads;
- Change brake and clutch fluid, as both look rather murky;
- Sort dashboard lights, speedometer side doesn’t work;
- Check condition of thermostat gasket probably renew;
- Check condition of viscous coupling, as the temperature is wandering a little;
- General check over.