Sunday 20 September 2009

DHC report nr. 48; Colourful thoughts

A few weeks ago I encountered a new VW Sirocco in a very bright green metallic colour, which I did like very much and which looked very much like Triton Green;


Some research learned that this green was also used on the Siroccos in the late 70’s. It seems that even the name remained the same, Vipern Grün.


As I wanted a good indication as to how this colour compares to Triton Green I had another colour sample made.


On the right is Leyland’s Triton green on the Left Volkswagen Vipern Grün. As you can see they look almost the same. Triton Green is slightly darker and greener. Also the metallic particles in Triton Green are finer, looking better overall in my opinion. Can’t wait to see the car when she’s painted.

No comments: