Sunday 10 May 2015

FHC resto nr. 32; Resuming paint preparations

After an almost two month pause on the paint preparations of the car, work has been resumed this weekend. In my last post I mentioned that the bonnet and boot lid had their paint removed. At the moment the boot-lid together with some smaller trim part are ready for their final primer coat, which is scheduled for tomorrow. The bonnet needs a little extra work done to it. But that should also be ready by the end of this week.



But while I was sifting through my parts in the shed I found a few things on the cars body that need rectifying. Most important being the chassis number. Due to the amount of primer and paint it is not possible to read the number properly. Which means it won't get through its APK (as the MOT is called over here) which it needs when I want to put her back on the road.

The other bit needing rectifying is the fact that I forgot to drill some holes in the wheel arch lips. These are necessary for the mud flaps that will be fitted to the car. Luckily easy to rectify as the outside isn't painted yet. I just have to make sure I don't damage the inside of the wheel arches ...

No comments: