Monday 25 May 2009

DHC report nr. 28; Shot blasting finished

After waiting for more than a week, I was able to pick up the body from Giessen where it was shot blasted and coated in an epoxy primer. As we agreed that they would store the body over the week, they found a nice place for it on top of their canteen;



Which give me the opportunity to inspect part of the underside of the car. First impression is that they did a very good job indeed;



Clearly their forklift drivers are used to moving in tight spaces;



And after strapping the body onto the trailer it was time to head home;



But before putting her in storage I took a few more pictures, as they say so much more than words;






Hopefully I’ll be able to bring her over to the guy who is going to do the paint preparation and painting within the next week. Otherwise it’ll have to wait till mid June, when I return from a holiday in Scotland.
In the meantime I’ll busy myself with the cable looms, heater and back axle (to start with).

No comments: