Sunday 28 December 2008

Last trip for the DHC ...

Fond memories of the Alps!


Yesterday was the last time I “drove” the DHC. Actually I only drove it from the garage accommodation to the workshop. Plan is to start dismantling the car tomorrow, in preparation for the repairs and repainting of the body.

As I quite hate body work, I want to do it thoroughly so I won’t have to worry about it for the next few decades (I hope). So one of the first things to do in the new year is find a good place to get the body acid dipped and/or shot blasted.

Also on the to-do-list is an upgrade for the interior. As mentioned on a few forum's I'm going to use the leather seats which were originally meant for 't Kreng. But after not to many kilometres I had to replace them, because they weren’t supportive enough;


Depending on how the interior trim is structurally I’ll have the panels re-trimmed by a local upholsterer (actually the same guy who did the seats 12 years ago) or order new parts. That will be clear in a few days time.

No comments: