Saturday, 24 February 2007

My new convertible

At the end off last year a friend phoned me and asked if I was interested in another TR7. As he has his own firm by now he didn't have time for two TR7's so he offered me his 1981 Californian DHC. The car was unrestored, with almost no rust, lots off minor dents and scratches, 75.000 miles from new and an MOT till July 2007. And a price for which I really couldn't restore the body off my original DHC. So another wedge joined the collection just before 2007 started.


Although the car was roadworthy in every aspect I decided to change some things before putting her on the road. Originaly the car was fitted with FI but somewhere in it's early (American) life the FI was ditched in "favour" of an early (Speke) Stromberg setup. To do this the previous American owner had "modified" some of the wiring.


As the prospect off 90 BHP isn't very inviting, a change off engine is first on the list. Also the wiring loom will be exchanged for a Continental one. As will the brakes and suspension. These will be uprated with superfluous parts coming off 't Kreng.

Main target for the car is to be ready and reliable for this years 10CR.

No comments: