Sunday 9 October 2016

40 years of age last week ...


I have been rather busy with lots of things over the past 6 months or so. Sadly my TR7's haven't been much part of that. But time moves on, and last Thursday it was exactly 40 years ago that my current restoration project was first registered (and in the Netherlands). So time for a little bit of history, or how the car used to be in her previous life, and as I bought her ...






Looking back at some of the work already done, dismantling finished ...


Shotblasting finished ...


Metalwork in progress ...




Metalwork finished:


Paint preparations and painting:






Various ...







The initial plan had been to finish the restoration by the time she turned 40, and thus being tax exempt. But I abandoned that schedule well over a year ago. Initially caused by the paint preparations taking longer than planned. But also by work that had to be carried out (or actually is still in progress) on the Defender I bought well over a year ago as my daily driver. And there's my work of course which takes a lot of my spare time, together with my other hobbies, the trumpet(s) and my camera's :-). To be continued!

No comments: