Tuesday 8 September 2015

FHC resto nr. 40; The Future's Bright

I really should have been putting more time in preparing the DHC for the 10 Countries Run which starts this Thursday. But I received these pictures this morning. In the paint cabin yesterday evening, after its final coat of nearly Topaz Orange ...  




So after tinkering on the DHC in preparation for the 10 Countries Run, I went over to the paint shop this afternoon to pick up some of the loose bits, like doors, bonnet and boot lid. And this gave me a chance to have a look at the rather orange result;



The pictures speak for themselves, with the last two matching the actual colour best. Painting the sills, rear valances and rear light panel in matt (50%) black is scheduled for Thursday. Which means that by the time I return from the 10CR it should be ready and waiting for me in the shed. Add some black details and striping together with a bright red interior and you're starting to get the picture. Certainly something to look forward to ...

4 comments:

CraigH said...

Looking good. Can't wait to see where those red wheels end up.

Unknown said...

That is shaping up beautifully! Can't wait to see it finished.

Beans said...

The red Revolutions will be fitted underneath 't Kreng (hopefully pretty soon) ...

Beans said...

Thx Chris, I just returned from the shed to have a look at the end result.
Due to Club Triumph's 10 Countries Run I hadn't seen the completed shell ...
Must say it was a very motivating visit, as it looks very nice in real life.