Wednesday 13 May 2015

Milestone ...

With the weather forecast for today being rather fine, and because I am enjoying a three week holiday, I decided to take the DHC out for a tour into the German Nordeifel. Actually I wanted to do a first reconnaissance for our annual Nachtrit, which will be held later in the year (Saturday the 31st of October to be precise). Sadly right from the start @ Rolduc I ran into problems with the draft route. And before I had driven 50 kilometres I already had three major problems. Al relating to roads being closed for through traffic or unsuitable for night-time driving (to rough and narrow). As a result of these setbacks I lost a lot of time. And as I had taken my time to get to the start, enjoying the weather and the (mostly German) country lanes ...



... I decided to call it a day halfway through the first stage and the afternoon. Clearly to be continued later in my holiday when I have someone to accompany me. Which should make it all a lot easier. Driving, map reading and programming the sat-nav doesn't go well together. But while trying to find a route through the Hürtgenwald I noticed just in time that the car's odometer was back to where it started ...

2 comments:

CraigH said...

00000, That's great! Here's to another 100000!

Beans said...

I hope soo. Actually this was the third time the odometer went round on this car!