Monday, 25 May 2015

FHC resto nr. 33; Drilling holes

Back to the restoration of the FHC. Or should I say I had forgotten something? While sorting through the various parts that need some sort of coating, I also used the photo-book I made of the DHC's restoration. And this reminded me of the fact that some more holes needed to be drilled before the final paint layers can be applied. Because for that Seventies look the car of course needs mud-flaps. And I forgot to drill the holes for these in the wheel arches' lips. Luckily they have not yet received their final paint layers. So easy to put straight with the aid of a drill and some threaded steel rivets ...




But that made me check over more of the photo's I shot during the restoration of the DHC. And sure enough I found some more holes that needed drilling before the final paint preparations. As the car needed one new door (including a new skin) that needed the mounting holes drilled. The other door had been fitted with various different mirrors in its life, so all these holes had been welded up. This meant some more drilling was necessary ...


Also slow progress on the final paint preparations. A slight problem with the bonnet. The skin in front of the left hand louvres stands slightly proud. So a bit of a problem to get decent smooth lines there ...

And some line-rectification was also necessary on the head-lamp pods. With both sides having some flaws in there casting ...

No comments: