Also fitted a map-light-magnifier, to aid navigation on the night time section through France, on the first and longest stage of the event, together with an invaluable pen(cil)holder to prevent loose pens all over the foot wells ...
And while checking the fuel gauge I found out why part of the instrument panel was not illuminated. One of the bulbs had decided to pack up, but not before overheating badly and melting part of the green cover. Clearly something wrong with this bulb as the other covers were in perfect condition despite their bulbs (with the same Wattage) having seen much more action in the past three years ...
The fuel gauge turned out to be OK, so next item to check is the tank sender, but for that I'll first have to drive the car for a few more kilometres to get the tank a bit more empty ...
- Get some more miles on the new gear box;
- Fit banded steel wheels with new tyres;
- Get the fuel gauge working, now looking for another tank sender;
- Check back axle bearings;
- Fit new front anti-roll-bar and check alignment;
- Fit new badges/stickers;
- General service;
- Connect map light magnifier and fit some extra interior lights.