Saturday 31 December 2011

Another year over

As stated in my last post 2011 wasn’t a good year for my TR7’s. I thought it couldn’t get any worse. But when I wanted to take ‘t Kreng out for a short blast, over some nice deserted country lanes a few days ago, I was met by an ominous click from the glove box. A quick check with the multi-meter showed the battery had still 12,47V left.



Which normally should be enough to spin the starter motor. But when I switched on the headlights only one came up (and rather reluctant at that) and the light it gave off was rather feeble too. So it looks like it that (after 15 years of faithful service) I’ll have to renew the battery ...



As for the DHC, she’s still waiting patiently in the shed for the repairs. But the longest part of the wait is over. This Monday she will be brought to the paint shop at last.
Also very slow progress on the gear box. Mainly because I have been busy with other (none Triumph related) jobs. Managed to clean the various casings though, which was rather rewarding ...



Also inspected all parts from the second ‘box I dismantled. Again some pronounced wear on the mesh teeth and a little wear on the main shaft. Especially the part where 1st and 2nd gear are situated ...



So I decided it would be best to order a new main shaft and some new gears, just to be on the safe side. Ohh ... and still waiting for my clutch kits to arrive. Seems there are some problems with the supplier!? Parts are now promised for mid January (2012)

Remains to wish everyone all the best for 2012.



No comments: