Tuesday 9 August 2011

More work before the 10CR

With the car on the lift in the workshop I had a quick glance at the front pads to see how they had survived two Alpine trips. Didn’t look to promising but as the wheels were obstructing a proper view I took them of tonight. Although the pads (Mintex M1144) behaved very well, with very good braking and absolutely no fade they clearly have one big flaw. This is how they looked just over a year ago ...


And this is how they look now after a little over 8000 kilometres ...


Clearly longevity isn’t one of their strongest points. They need replacing before the 10CR, as they won’t survive another Alpine trip. Not yet decided what I’ll do. I have a brand new “stock” set of pads in my garage. But maybe I’ll go for a set of Ferodo DS2500’s as they used to be very good in the past and see how they compare with the M1144’s. Still a few weeks left to decide on that. On the plus, the pads are quite evenly worn.

No comments: