Wednesday, 4 November 2009

DHC report nr. 56; Messing about

Last weekend I had a go at wax-oiling all the box-sections of the cars body. Although it was a rather messy business (I have the feeling I still smell the greasy stuff) I think I did a fairly thorough job. First inspection yesterday evening looked rather promising, a few pictures ...




Luckily I didn’t forget to put some plastic sheets underneath before I started ...


A few places will get an extra bit of the sticky stuff, just to be sure, especially the rear of the sills were they meet the B-post ...


... and the seams between inner and outer wings ...


Have to admit that it looks like I didn’t cover everything, but it is pretty well covered!

After that I will start with assembling the first few bits. Sadly though the next few weeks I have other priorities, first have our annual “Nachtrit”, the celebrations for the 100th anniversary of the wind orchestra I play in and my parents 50th wedding anniversary, to name a few. Luckily I do a have a few “smaller” jobs which I can do if I should find a few idle hours ...

No comments: