Tuesday 18 August 2009

DHC report nr. 39; Color choice

To start with the preparation of the body for painting will take a few weeks longer. This is caused mainly by quite a few very shallow, and thus almost invisible, dents at different places all over the car. Luckily these show up pretty well when black contrast powder is used;


But it needs time to get them smooth. As I won’t have her finished before the end of this summer I can’t be bothered that much. The painter has promised me that it will be ready before his holiday in mid September, that will do for me for the moment. But I went over to him last Saturday to have a look at the progress so far. Left hand side is completely smooth now (although not quite clear in this picture);


The same can be said about the front, all the “loose” parts, the underside  and the interior;


But for me more import was that I checked the colour sample he received from their paint supplier Sikkens. First impression in the bright sunshine was that the colour was way to light. But the more I look at it the more I am convinced it just could be the correct shade. This was more or less confirmed by a visit to an ex-Leyland garage in the area.
Will see tomorrow as I will get a sample book from the paint shop, so we can compare the various shades of the chosen colour. And it’s a pretty difficult colour to get correct in a picture, especially a sample not bigger than an A6 sheet. So you’ll have to wait a bit to find out what I have chosen!

No comments: