Tuesday, 18 August 2009

DHC report nr. 39; Color choice

To start with the preparation of the body for painting will take a few weeks longer. This is caused mainly by quite a few very shallow, and thus almost invisible, dents at different places all over the car. Luckily these show up pretty well when black contrast powder is used ...


But it needs time to get them smooth. As I won’t have her finished before the end of this summer I can’t be bothered that much. The painter has promised me that it will be ready before his holiday in mid September, that will do for me for the moment. But I went over to him last Saturday to have a look at the progress so far. Left hand side is completely smooth now (although not quite clear in this picture) ...


... as is the front, all “loose” parts, underside and interior ...


But for me more import was that I checked the color sample he received from their paint supplier Sikkens. First impression in the bright sunshine was that the color was way to light. But the more I look at it the more I am convinced it just could be the correct shade. This was more or less confirmed by a visit to an ex-Leyland garage in the area.
Will see tomorrow as I will get a sample book from the paint shop, so we can compare the various shades of the chosen color. And it’s a pretty difficult color to get correct in a picture, especially a sample not bigger than an A6 sheet. So you’ll have to wait a bit to find out what I have chosen ...

No comments: